Monday, January 3, 2011

Tuesday Tips- Back it up! {Henrico NC photographer}

We all need some system of saving our important files should you become victim of the dreaded computer crash. At the very least I'd suggest purchasing an external hard drive. $100 spent on prevention is much more economical than data recovery which can run into the thousands. Here's my process:
-Files are uploaded from memory cards and the raw image data is copied over to external hard drive #1
-Backblaze runs whenever the computer is on and automatically backs up all new files. It's my favorite.
-Once your images are edited I copy them to discs and both external hard drives.
-DVD's are stored in a fireproof safe; sold by my dad. If no one is going to be home, the laptop and externals go in the safe too.

So I have 3 forms of back up here (externals, DVD's, safe) and one source at a different location should disaster strike. Something for everyone to consider. Back up those files!

No comments:

Post a Comment