Sunday, October 16, 2011

Senior pictures from the beach

We shot at Coquina Beach thanks to a tip from the amazingly talented Courtney Hathaway in Manteo. You see her photos and I'm fired. But I had to publicly thank her, it was the perfect spot.

This is my favorite of the night (if I have to pick just one) and it's going on their wall on a large canvas. I'm going to beg her mom to let me take a picture of it after they hang it :)



The sun was setting fast so I had Scott following us around with the flash on a light stand. Electronics, water, and wind typically don't mix but I'm just crazy enough to try it. And I love the results. Isn't she just gorgeous!




The sun set on us pretty quickly so I had the privilege of shooting at sunset and sunrise with this senior!



If you know anything about me, you know I'm not a morning person. The light at sunrise was so perfect, I'm actually considering offering sunrise sessions.



We really lucked up with gorgeous skies that morning



One last shot before we headed off to Bodie Island lighthouse


If you read any of my posts on our trip to the Outer Banks, you already know about the mosquito plague of biblical proportions. We only got a handful of shots at Bodie Island lighthouse. It was seriously unbearable, and even the park ranger was wearing a mosquito net hat. But she kept on smiling, even after I sprayed her full of Deep Woods Off.



You can see more here on facebook.

Thanks to my recent seniors (another session will be on the blog soon) I think they're now my favorite to shoot. Couldn't have had more fun with this! We're going back the first week of May, I'll let you know the details after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment