Sunday, October 2, 2011

We're back from OBX beach portraits

I didn't want to leave the beach but I did want to leave the mosquitoes. Think I'm being dramatic? Check out this article for context. We went through 3 cans of deep woods OFF and I still have 40+ bites on my arms, 34 on one leg, and stopped counting on the other leg. Thought of posting a picture but trust me you don't want to see it. Starting bottle #2 of Benadryl this morning.

Despite the plague of mutant skeeters and the non stop rain the first few days we were there, it was beautiful. Sunrise Saturday totally made up for it. Haven't posted a before and after in a while so here you go....

Shot in RAW, auto white balance, ISO 400, 1/1600 SS, F4, D7000 with 35 1.8. I like to do most of my editing in lightroom but this one didn't need much. Screenshot so you can see I didn't monkey around with the settings. I sat there looking at the screen like...hey that's a cool picture, did I really take that?


Sometimes you just get lucky with beautiful light. And you have a husband who's sweet enough to hold a reflector just outside of the frame. And an amazing person in front of the camera. That's all it took.


Before on the left after on the right. In photoshop- I added a little contrast- 18%. Then a new saturation layer on the clouds- 20%. Then clicked levels and pulled in a little black for more contrast on her reflection in the water. That was at 12% and masked in only on the reflection. And I might go back and leave the reflection alone- haven't decided which way I like better yet. Sharpened. Tada.

So many photos I love from the beach sessions. Families and a Senior, I am one lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment